Aims and Objectives
The Hub in Trials Methodology Research based at the MRC Biostatistics Unit will:
- promote the effective linking of methodology and application to ensure that the trials methodology research is focused on important problems in applied studies. This will ensure that new and ongoing trials have access to the best possible methodological support.
- interact with and enhance the existing methodological expertise in the Unit. In particular the areas of missing data and causal analysis, Bayesian Methods, clustering in trials, design issues, meta-analysis and health economic assessment.
- focus primarily on statistical issues in trial design, analysis, interpretation and decision making, rather than the mechanics of trial conduct.
- establish strong collaborations with relevant research groups in Cambridge and the local region that undertake clinical trials
- establish a training and dissemination programme for methodology in clinical trials.
Cambridge Hub Members:Adrian Mander, Simon Bond, Deepak Parashar, Jack Bowden, James Wason, Lynne Cresswell,
Wendi Qian, Emma McCallum and Graham Wheeler.