Travel and Accommodation Information
The 2017 workshop is taking place in the beautiful historic city of Cambridge, most famous for its University.
If you are travelling from afar, there are various travel options to Cambridge depending on where you are coming from. There are also many hotels and guest houses conveniently located near the venue and Cambridge Train Station. Please see further information below.
Travel to Cambridge by air
- London Stansted airport is only 30-40 minutes from Cambridge by car (via the M11) and regular rail and bus services run directly to the city centre of Cambrige
- National Express Coaches also run regular services to other UK airports - for more information, please click here
Travel to Cambridge by rail
- Trains run every half an hour between London and Cambridge. Direct trains from London Kings Cross take approximately 50 minutes. For details of the train timetables please click here
- If you are travelling from the North of the country it is worth noting that all trains to Cambridge pass through Ely and often changes have to be made here
- The Sainsbury Laboratory is located only 1 km, or 0.6 of a mile, from Cambridge Train Station
Getting to Sainsbury Laboratory
- The Sainsbury Laboratory entrance is on Bateman Street, which is one-way. The turning is just before the streets fifth bollard at number 47. Turn into this short track and up to the black entrance gate where you may use the intercom to speak to reception or security. For more information on how to find the venue, please click here
For more information on all public transport in Cambridge, please click here
Accommodation in Cambridge
Attendees requiring accommodation for the workshop are to make arrangements directly themselves. We have provided a list below of some useful accommodation links but please do check the Cambridge Tourist Office (see http://www.visitcambridge.org/accommodation) that has a full list of hotels and guest houses.
- Ibis Hotel, at Cambridge Train Station & Sainsbury Laboratory
- Travelodge, close to Cambridge Train Station & Sainsbury Laboratory
- Fenners Hotel, on Tenison Road, close to Cambridge Train Station & Sainsbury Laboratory
- Centennial Hotel, on Hills Road, close to Cambridge Train Station & Sainsbury Laboratory
- Bridge Guest House, on Hills Road, close to Cambridge Train Station & Sainsbury Laboratory