We are delighted to announce that registration and abstract submission are now open for BAYES 2018: Bayesian Biostatistics Workshop, Satellite of ISBA 2018
Bayesian statistics is increasingly taking on a leading role in all areas of biomedical research, continually challenged by emerging questions in clinical medicine and public health.
This workshop will bring together scientists interested in the latest applications and methodological developments of Bayesian Biostatistics in trial designs, addressing the need for more efficient and flexible approaches to answer key clinical questions; and in the analysis of complex observational data, to enhance causal understanding of disease processes in support of personalised clinical care and public health policies.
The objective of the workshop is multifold:
- Promote Bayesian thinking and practice in biomedical sciences
- Present applied case studies in clinical and non-clinical settings
- Update delegates on new applications and methodological developments in Bayesian statistics in different areas of medicine and public health
- Offer opportunities for statisticians for reorientation within the changing environment of the bio-pharmaceutical world
The three day workshop, taking place at Homerton College, Cambridge, UK, from the 20th – 22nd June 2018, will comprise of one day training course on Bayesian approaches to incorporate historical data into clinical trials, and two days of keynote talks and contributed oral and poster presentations.
Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Deborah Ashby – Imperial College London
- Professor Mike Daniels – University of Florida
- Professor Jack Lee – University of Texas
- Professor Mihaela van der Schaar – Man Institute of Quantitative Finance, Oxford
We welcome abstract submissions for contributed oral presentations and posters on the following themes:
- Adaptive trials
- Bayesian approaches to bias modelling and causal inference
- Decision support for health policy and clinical care
- Bayesian contributions to regulatory setting
Please submit your abstract to: email@example.com
Deadline for abstract submissions: 31st March 2018
To register your place on the workshop, go to: http://onlinesales.admin.cam.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/mrc-biostatistics-unit/bayes-2018-bayesian-biostatistics-conference/bayes-2018-bayesian-biostatistics-conference
Deadline for registering: 31st May 2018
This workshop is endorsed by ISBA, Adolphe Quetelet Society, and Royal Statistical Society, supported by Department of Mathematics, UCLM, and jointly organised by the MRC Biostatistics Unit, University of Cambridge, University College London, Pharmalex (Arlenda), GlaxoSmithKline and University of Zurich.
Further information at: www.bayes-pharma.org