14th – 18th July 2014, Cancun, Mexico
The International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA) was founded in 1992 to promote the development and application of Bayesian analysis useful in the solution of theoretical and applied problems in science, industry and government. By sponsoring and organizing meetings, publishing the electronic journal of Bayesian statistics Bayesian Analysis, and other activities ISBA provides a focal point for those interested in Bayesian analysis and its applications.
The ISBA 2014 world meeting will be held in Cancun, Mexico. This event is the continuation of the Valencia/ISBA meetings regularly held since 1979. Recent world meetings include 2006 Valencia (Benidorm, Spain), 2008 Hamilton Island (Australia), 2010 Valencia (Benidorm, Spain) and 2012 Kyoto (Japan). Since 2012 these meetings are exclusively organized by ISBA.
The program of the ISBA 2014 will feature four lectures on Bayesian foundations, five keynote sessions, eight section-sponsored invited sessions and several additional invited sessions, including the Savage Award session and the Bayesian Analysis session. The program will also include a number of contributed sessions, short courses and poster presentations.
Bayesian Foundational Lectures
- Jim Berger (Duke University, US)
- Sylvia Fruehwirth-Schnatter (Wirtschafts, Vienna, Austria)
- Peter Müller (UT Austin, US)
- Gareth Roberts (University of Warwick, UK)
- David Banks (Duke University, US)
- Igor Prüenster (University of Torino, Italy)
- Sylvia Richardson (MRC Biostatistics Unit and University of Cambridge, UK)
- Marina Vannucci (Rice University, US)
- Chris Wikle (University of Missouri, US)
Contributed Talks from Scientists at the MRC Biostatistics Unit
- Anne Presanis. “Conflict diagnostics in a multiple testing framework”. Parallel Session: Bayesian design and multiple testing.
- Robert Goudie. “Bayesian modelling for evidence synthesis in multiple stages”. Session: Invited (j-ISBA).
- Catalina Vallejos. “Incorporating unobserved heterogeneity in Weibull survival models: A Bayesian approach”. Parallel Session: Methods and applications in biostatistics.
This is a joint work with Mark F.J. Steel (University of Warwick)
- Evelina Gabasova. Title TBC. Parallel session: Genomics and imaging.
Summaries of these four talks are available here.
Credits: Except for the details on BSU contributed talks at ISBA 2014, all the information above has been produced by the Meeting organisers.
For further details on ISBA 2014 please visit http://isba2014.eventos.cimat.mx/
An outline of the ISBA 2014 scientific program is now ready for download here.