- This event has passed.
BAYES 2018: Bayesian Biostatistics Workshop, Satellite of ISBA 2018
June 20, 2018 @ 9:00 am - June 22, 2018 @ 5:00 pmFree – £400
Bayesian statistics is increasingly taking on a leading role in all areas of biomedical research, continually challenged by emerging questions in clinical medicine and public health.
This workshop will bring together scientists interested in the latest applications and methodological developments of Bayesian Biostatistics in trial designs, addressing the need for more efficient and flexible approaches to answer key clinical questions; and in the analysis of complex observational data, to enhance causal understanding of disease processes in support of personalised clinical care and public health policies.
The objective of the workshop is multifold:
- Promote Bayesian thinking and practice in biomedical sciences
- Present applied case studies in clinical and non-clinical settings
- Update delegates on new applications and methodological developments in Bayesian statistics in different areas of medicine and public health
- Offer opportunities for statisticians for reorientation within the changing environment of the bio-pharmaceutical world
The three day workshop will comprise of one day training course on Bayesian approaches to incorporate historical data into clinical trials, and two days of keynote talks and contributed oral and poster presentations.
- Professor Deborah Ashby – Imperial College London
- Professor Mike Daniels – University of Florida
- Professor Jack Lee – University of Texas
- Professor Mihaela van der Schaar – Man Institute of Quantitative Finance, Oxford
The deadline for abstract submissions has now passed.
Registration is now closed.