The venue for the workshop is Cambridge Institute of Public Health in Cambridge (CIPH). For information on how to find CIPH, please go to: Contact Us
The 2017 workshop is taking place in the beautiful historic city of Cambridge, most famous for its University. New visitors to Cambridge might like to enjoy the various attractions this historic city has to offer, such as punting on the River Cam or attending one of the many talks or concerts available.
If you are travelling from afar, there are various travel options to Cambridge depending on where you are coming from. There are also many hotels and guest houses conveniently located near the venue and Cambridge Train Station. Please see further information below.
Travel to Cambridge by air
- London Stansted airport is only 30-40 minutes from Cambridge by car (via the M11) and regular rail and bus services run directly to the city centre of Cambrige
- National Express Coaches also run regular services to other UK airports – for more information, please click here
Travel to Cambridge by rail
- Trains run every half an hour between London and Cambridge. Direct trains from London Kings Cross take approximately 50 minutes. For details of the train timetables please click here
- If you are travelling from the North of the country it is worth noting that all trains to Cambridge pass through Ely and often changes have to be made here
- The Cambridge Institute of Public Health is location approximately 1.5 miles from Cambridge Train Station
Accommodation in Cambridge
Attendees requiring accommodation for the workshop are to make arrangements directly themselves. We have provided a list below of some useful accommodation links but please do check the Cambridge Tourist Office (see http://www.visitcambridge.org/accommodation) that has a full list of hotels and guest houses.