Role: PhD Student
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a Ph.D. student supervised by Dr. Brian Tom and Dr. Robert Goudie. My research project focuses on Developing Dynamic Latent Process Methodology for High-Dimensional Biomarker Data with Correlated Latent Biological Processes, within a Bayesian framework. Prior to joining the MRC Biostatistics Unit, I completed my M.S. in Biostatistics from Yale University, where I worked on spatial-temporal models with Prof. Joshua Warren. Besides, I also had research experience in correcting for measurement error in longitudinal studies, supervised by Prof. Molin Wang and Prof. Donna Spiegelman. My current research interests include Bayesian Statistics, Gaussian Processes, and Sparse Factor Modeling. My linkedin account is available here.
- Cai J, Goudie RJB, Starr Colin, Tom BDM (2023). Dynamic factor analysis with dependent Gaussian Processes for high-dimensional gene expression trajectories. arXiv.
- Cai J, Zhang N, Spiegelman D, Wang M (2023). Correcting for bias due to mis-measured exposure history in longitudinal studies with continuous outcomes. Biometrics.
- Zhao Y, Chen T, Cai J, Lichenstein S, Potenza M, Yip S (2022). Bayesian network mediation analysis with application to the brain functional connectome. Statistics in Medicine.
- Warren JL, Cai J, Johnson NP, and Deziel NC (2021). A discrete kernel stick-breaking model for detecting spatial boundaries in hydraulic fracturing wastewater disposal well placement across Ohio. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C (Applied Statistics).
- Shioda K, Cai J, Warren JL, and Weinberger DM (2021). Incorporating information on control diseases across space and time to improve estimation of the population-level impact of vaccines. Epidemiology, 32(3):360-367.
- Presented a poster in the 2023 Joint Statistical Meeting
- Presented a 25-minute invited talk in the 2023 Joint Conference on Statistics and Data Science in China
- Poster accepted by the 2022 International Society for Bayesian Analysis Meeting, and awarded $500 as travel support
- Presented a 15-minute talk in the 2022 Young Statistician Meeting
- Teaching assistant for two courses, Linear Algebra and Intermediate Modern Chinese - Yale University, 2020~2021
- Supervisor for the course Statistical Modeling for third-year undergraduates in Mathematics in two-on-one sessions - University of Cambridge, 2023~2024
- Teaching assistant for the course Bayesian Statistics (MPhil Population Health Sciences) - University of Cambridge, 2023~2024