Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I recently joined the MRC Biostatistics Unit as a post-doctoral Statistician, after completing my PhD in Mathematical Genomics at the University of Cambridge. My thesis, supervised by Dr. Chris Wallace, is titled "Statistical Techniques to Fine Map the Related Genetic Aetiology of Autoimmune Diseases". Under the supervision of Dr. Adrian Mander, my research at the BSU will relate to the design of clinical trials which are embedded within multiple cohorts, such as those within the Dementia Platforms UK consortium.
- Fortune MD and Wallace C. simGWAS: a fast method for simulation of large scale case–control GWAS summary statistics. Bioinformatics, https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/bty898
- Peters JE, Lyons PA, Lee JC, Richard AC, Fortune MD, Newcombe PJ, Richardson S, and Smith KGC. Insight into Genotype-Phenotype Associations through eQTL Mapping in Multiple Cell Types in Health and Immune-Mediated Disease. PLoS genetics 12(3):e1005908. 2016.
- Fortune MD, Guo H, Burren O, Schofield E, Walker NM, Ban M, Sawcer SJ, Bowes J, Worthington J, Barton A, Eyre S, Todd JA, and Wallace C. Statistical colocalization of genetic risk variants for related autoimmune diseases in the context of common controls. Nat Genet, 47:839$-$846. 2015.
- Onengut-Gumuscu S, Chen WM, Burren O, Cooper NJ, Quinlan AR, Mychaleckyj JC, Farber E, Bonnie JK, Szpak M, Schofield E, Achuthan P, Guo H, Fortune MD, Stevens H, Walker NM, Ward LD, Kundaje A, Kellis M, Daly MJ, Barrett JC, Cooper JD, Deloukas P, Type 1 Diabetes Genetics Consortium, *Todd JA, *Wallace C, *Concannon P, and *Rich SS. Fine mapping of type 1 diabetes susceptibility loci and evidence for colocalization of causal variants with lymphoid gene enhancers. Nat Genet, 47:381$-$386. 2015.
- Guo H, Fortune MD, Burren OS, Schofield E, Todd JA, and Wallace C. Integration of disease association and eqtl data using a bayesian colocalisation approach highlights six candidate causal genes in immune-mediated diseases. Hum Mol Genet, 24:3305$-$3313. 2015.
- Evangelou M, Smyth DJ, Fortune MD, Burren OS, Walker NM, Guo H, Onengut-Gumuscu S, Chen WM, Concannon P, Rich SS, Todd JA, and Wallace C. A method for gene-based pathway analysis using genomewide association study summary statistics reveals nine new type 1 diabetes associations. Genet Epidemiol , 38(8):661$-$670. 2014.