Role: Research Associate
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a postdoctoral Research Associate working with Dr Anne Presanis and Prof Daniela De Angelis since October 2020. My research involves the application of Bayesian evidence synthesis methods to combine information from several disparate COVID-19 surveillance systems, with the aim to estimate the severity of the ongoing pandemic in England.
Before joining the Unit I worked in different fields of epidemiology research for more than ten years. Most recently I finished my PhD in cancer genetic epidemiology at the Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge (supervisors: Antonis Antoniou and Marc Tischkowitz), and before that I worked with various research projects in cancer epidemiology at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden.
Selected PublicationsGoogle Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=sv&user=Mx6GmNwAAAAJ
- Webster HH†, Nyberg T†, Sinnathamby MA, Abdul Aziz N, Ferguson N, Seghezzo G, Blomquist PB, Bridgen J, Chand M, Groves N, Myers R, Hope R, Ashano E, Lopez-Bernal J, De Angelis D, Dabrera G, Presanis AM, Thelwall S. Hospitalisation and mortality risk of SARS-COV-2 variant omicron sub-lineage BA.2 compared to BA.1 in England. Nature Communications 2022 13: 6053. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-022-33740-9
- Nyberg T†, Ferguson NM†, Nash SG, Webster HH, Flaxman S, Andrews N, Hinsley W, Lopez Bernal J, Kall M, Bhatt S, Blomquist P, Zaidi A, Volz E, Abdul Aziz N, Harman K, Funk S, Abbott S, COVID-19 Genomics UK (COG-UK) consortium, Hope R, Charlett A, Chand M, Ghani AC, Seaman SR, Dabrera G, De Angelis D, Presanis AM, Thelwall S. Comparative analysis of the risks of hospitalisation and death associated with SARS-CoV-2 omicron (B.1.1.529) and delta (B.1.617.2) variants in England: a cohort study. The Lancet 2022 399: 1303-1312. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(22)00462-7
- Nyberg T, Harman K, Zaidi A, Seaman SR, Andrews N, Nash SG, Charlett A, Lopez Bernal J, Myers R, Groves N, Gallagher E, Gharbia S, Chand M, Thelwall S, De Angelis D, Dabrera G, Presanis AM. Hospitalization and mortality risk for COVID-19 cases with SARS-CoV-2 AY.4.2 (VUI-21OCT-01) compared to non-AY.4.2 Delta variant sublineages. The Journal of Infectious Diseases 2022 226(5): 808-811. https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/jiac063
- Twohig KA†, Nyberg T†, Zaidi A, Thelwall S, Sinnathamby MA, Aliabadi S, Seaman SR, Harris RJ, Hope R, Lopez-Bernal J, Gallagher E, Charlett A, De Angelis D, the COVID-19 Genomics UK (COG-UK) consortium, Presanis AM, Dabrera G. Hospital admission and emergency care attendance risk for SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) compared with alpha (B.1.1.7) variants of concern: a cohort study. The Lancet Infectious Diseases 2022 22(1): 35-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(21)00475-8
- Nyberg T, Twohig KA, Harris RJ, Seaman SR, Flannagan J, Allen H, Charlett A, De Angelis D, Dabrera D, Presanis AM. Risk of hospital admission for patients with SARS-CoV-2 variant B.1.1.7: cohort analysis. BMJ 2021 373: n1412. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n1412