Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am a CRUK PRC Fellow & Senior Research Associate at the MRC Biostatistics Unit, University of Cambridge.
- I have a strong interest and great enthusiasm for methodological research to improve the efficiency of clinical trials. My most recent research is about basket trials, where a new treatment can be evaluated in various patient subgroups simultaneously.
- I am currently holding a three-year research fellowship titled IDENT: Improving Design and analysis of oncology trials Evaluating New targeted Therapies.
Google Scholar: click here.
ResearchTopics falling under the general remit of medical statistics are interesting to me. I am particularly fascinated with:
- Bayesian adaptive designs,
- early phase oncology trials, and
- data augmentation techniques for trials with a small sample size.
I am pleased to supervise PhD students in Michaelmas (October) 2023. Detailed information can be found at https://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/phd-project-with-haiyan-zheng/
Please get in touch if you are interested. I am very keen to support enthusiastic students and create an effective training plan.
In your email, you are encouraged to enclose 1) your CV, and 2) a brief statement of which PhD project has interested you and how your research/experience is relevant.
Kindly note that strong quantitative background is a prerequisite.
Selected PapersOuma LO, Grayling MJ, Wason JMS, Zheng H. (2022)Bayesian modelling strategies for borrowing of information in randomised basket trials
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C : Epub ahead of print
Zheng H, Grayling MJ, Mozgunov P, Jaki T, Wason JMS. (2022)Bayesian sample size determination in basket trials borrowing information between subsets
Biostatistics : Epub ahead of print
Zheng H, Jaki T, Wason JMS. (2022)Bayesian sample size determination using commensurate priors to leverage pre-experimental data
Biometrics (Biometric Methodology) : Epub ahead of print
Zheng H, Wason JMS. (2022)Borrowing of information across patient subgroups in a basket trial based on distributional discrepancy
Biostatistics 23(1): 120-135
Ouma LO, Grayling MJ, Zheng H, Wason JMS. (2021)Treatment allocation strategies for umbrella trials in the presence of multiple biomarkers: A comparison of methods
Pharmaceutical Statistics 20(6): 990-1001
Zheng H, Hampson LV, Jaki T. (2021)Bridging across patient subgroups in phase I oncology trials that incorporate animal data
Statistical Methods in Medical Research 30(4): 1057-1071
Zheng H, Hampson LV. (2020)A Bayesian decision‐theoretic approach to incorporate preclinical information into phase I oncology trials
Biometrical Journal 62(6): 1408-1427
Zheng H, Hampson LV, Wandel S. (2020)A robust Bayesian meta-analytic approach to incorporate animal data into phase I oncology trials
Statistical Methods in Medical Research 29(1): 94-110