Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I joined the MRC Biostatistics Unit in November, 2018 to work with Steven Kiddle on 1) identifying clusters of multimorbidities and 2) providing personalised and dynamic prognostic predictions based on patients’ morbidity patterns and biomarker trajectories using Electronic Health Records. My research interests in methodology are: latent variable models, in particular structural equation models, longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis (event history analysis) and multilevel models for lifecourse studies. In terms of applications, I have on-going collaborations with researchers in lifecourse epidemiology, social policy, demography and public health. My PhD thesis “A multilevel structural equation model for the interrelationships between multiple dimensions of childhood socioeconomic circumstances, partnership stability and midlife health.” was completed at Dept. of Statistics, London School of Economics.Google scholar link: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=NnbJf1IAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
- Zhu, Y., Steele, F., & Moustaki, I. (2017). A general 3-step maximum likelihood approach to estimate the effects of multiple latent categorical variables on a distal outcome. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 24(5), 643-656.
- Zhu, Y., & Cheng, J. (2013). Using hidden Markov model to detect macro-economic risk level. Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research, 2(1), 238.
- Zhu*, Y., Steele F. and Moustaki, I. (2018) A structural equation model for the interrelationships between multiple dimensions of childhood socioeconomic circumstances, partnership stability and midlife health. (under review)
- De Longueville*, F., Zhu*, Y., Henry, S. (2018) Direct and indirect impacts of environmental factors on migration in Burkina Faso: Application of Structural Equation Modeling. (under review)
- Shi*, C. and Zhu*, Y. (2018) Can Multidimensional Poverty Index Substitute Income to Target the Poor? A Study Based on the Poor Household Database of a Nationally Designated Poor County in China. (under review)
- Zhu*, Y. and Shi, C. (2019) Does the care giving affect the care expectation among Chinese older people? Evidence from a national survey. (in preparation)
- Ding*, Y., Zhu, Y., Ody-Brasier A., Vermeulen, F. (2019) Organizational Antecedents of Evil: The Effect of Supervision on Workplace Abuse. (in preparation)