I am interested in the development of statistical models for the analysis of large genomic and transcriptomic datasets. Specifically, my goal is to integrate large breast cancer datasets in order to identify biomarkers that can be used to stratify patients and to identify potential drug candidates for specific subtypes. The combination of clinical samples and preclinical models can accelerate the clinical implementation of new drugs, however there are multiple statistical challenges that need to be solved in order to bridge the gap between what we observe in vitro, in animal models and in the patient. Finally, these biomarkers must also be estimated through a robust and affordable genomic test.
Oscar has a PhD in Mathematics (Statistics) from the University of Valladolid, Spain. He has been previously in the Spanish National Cancer Centre (CNIO) as a graduate student and in CRUK as a postdoc, as part of the Caldas Lab.
A complete list of publications is available in my Google Scholar profile (https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=Kt2arkkAAAAJ&hl=en)
- Rueda OM, Sammut S-J, Seoane JA, Chin S-F, Caswell-Jin JL, Callari M, Batra R, Pereira B, Bruna A, Ali HR, Provenzano E, Liu B,Parisien M, Gillett C, McKinney S, Green AR, Murphy L, Purushotham A, Ellis IO, Pharoah PD, Rueda C, Aparicio S , Caldas C, and Curtis C. Dynamics of breast cancer relapse reveal molecularly defined late recurring ER-positive subgroups. Nature. 2019, 567(7748):399-404.
- Bruna A, Rueda OM, Greenwood W, Batra AS, Callari M, Batra RN, Pogrebniak K, Sandoval J, Cassidy JW, Tufegdzic-Vidakovic A, Sammut SJ, Jones L, Proven- zano E, Baird R, Eire P, Hadfield J, Eldridge M, McLaren-Douglas A, Barthorpe A, Lightfoot H, O’Connor MJ, Gray J, Cortes J, Baselga J, Marangoni E, Welm AL, Aparicio S, Serra V, Garnett MJ, Caldas C. A Biobank of Breast Cancer Explants with Preserved Intra-tumor Heterogeneity to Screen Anticancer Compounds Cell. 2016 Sep 14. pii: S0092-8674(16)31138-2
- Pereira B, Chin SF, Rueda OM, Vollan HK, Provenzano E, Bardwell HA, Pugh M, Jones L, Russell R, Sammut SJ, Tsui DW, Liu B, Dawson SJ, Abraham J, Northen H, Peden JF, Mukherjee A, Turashvili G, Green AR, McKinney S, Oloumi A, Shah S, Rosenfeld N, Murphy L, Bentley DR, Ellis IO, Purushotham A, Pinder SE, Børresen- Dale AL, Earl HM, Pharoah PD, Ross MT, Aparicio S, Caldas C. The somatic mutation profiles of 2,433 breast cancers refines their genomic and transcriptomic landscapes Nat Commun. 2016 May 10;7:11479
- Tufegdzic Vidakovic A, Rueda OM, Vervoort SJ, Sati Batra A, Goldgraben MA, Uribe-Lewis S, Greenwood W, Coffer PJ, Bruna A, Caldas C. Context-Specific Effects of TGF-β/SMAD3 in Cancer Are Modulated by the Epigenome Cell Rep. 2015 13(11):2480-90
- Curtis C, Shah SP, Chin SF, Turashvili G, Rueda OM, Dunning MJ, Speed D, Lynch AG, Samarajiwa S, Yuan Y, Gra ̈f S, Ha G, Haffari G, Bashashati A, Rus- sell R, McKinney S, METABRIC Group, Langerød A, Green A, Provenzano E, Wishart G, Pinder S, Watson P, Markowetz F, Murphy L, Ellis I, Purushotham A, Børesen-Dale AL, Brenton JD, Tavar ́e S, Caldas C, Aparicio S. The genomic and transcriptomic architecture of 2,000 breast tumours reveals novel subgroups. Nature. 2012;486(7403):346-352.
- Raquel Manzano Garcia (member of CRUK Cambridge Institute, Caldas Lab, co-supervised with Prof. Caldas)
- Daniel Guerrero Romero (member of CRUK Cambridge Institute, Caldas Lab, co-supervised with Prof. Caldas)
- Dom Kirkham (co-supervised with Sach Mukherjee)
- Richard Moulange (co-supervised with Sach Mukherjee)
- Izzy Newsham
- Cameron Young (member of CRUK Cambridge Institute, Caldas Lab, co-supervised with Prof. Caldas)
- Solon Karapanagiotis
- Boon Keat Chong (member of CRUK Cambridge Institute, Caldas Lab, co-supervised with Prof. Caldas)
- Avirup Chowdhury
- Laban Masunga