European Advanced Summer School in Biostatistics
September 7th- 11th 2015
Organised by the MRC Biostatistics Unit in conjunction with
University of Oslo
University of Gent
Imperial College London
VU University Amsterdam
University of Copenhagen
Registration is NOW OPEN at http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/training/summerschool/
What We Do
We are a leading European centre for research in biostatistics and a major centre for training and knowledge transfer. We are part of the Cambridge Institute of Public Health.
Our researchers work across four major themes:
Take-home naloxone (THN) & naloxone-on-release (NOR) reduce opioid-related deaths: from evidence of high risk soon after prison-release through science-led evaluations of THN/NOR to the monitoring of national naloxone policies.
Sheila M. Bird, MRC Biostatistics Unit, CAMBRIDGE CB2 0SR “Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan”. On December 8th 2014, we marked success. In 15 prisons in England, we ceased to randomize eligible prisoners (those with a history of heroin injection) in the N-ALIVE pilot Trial and, as of 9th December, offer naloxone-on-release […]
In this feature Steven Hill (an Investigator Statistician within Sach Mukherjee’s group at the MRC Biostatistics Unit) describes how important causal relationships are for science and his involvement in a recent, high-profile computational biology challenge known as “DREAM” that focused on causality. Determining cause and effect is one of the central goals of science: for […]
- Press release: Build-up of DNA damage in nerve cells can lead to dementia
High levels of DNA damage in nerve cells can lead to dementia, researchers from the […]
- Sheila Bird keynote speaker at The Prince's Teaching Institute Residential Summer School for Geography, Mathematics and Science
The Prince's Teaching Institute helps teachers rediscover their love of their subject, inspiring them to […]
- David Robertson receives Young Biometrician’s Award 2015
The British and Irish Region of the International Biometric Society, jointly with the Fisher Memorial […]
- Biostatistics Unit Seminar Series - Prof. Frank Dudbridge: Explaining heritability and predicting risk with polygenic scores
Friday June 12th, 14:30-15:30 LARGE Seminar Room, 1st Floor, Cambridge Institute of Public Health, Biomedical […]
- BASiCS: Bayesian Analysis of Single-Cell Sequencing Data.
Vallejos, CA., Marioni, JC., Richardson, S.
PLoS Comput. Biol. 11(6): e1004333. (24th June 2015)
- Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Long-term survival After Elective Infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair 1969-2011: 5 Year Survival Remains Poor Despite Advances in Medical Care and Treatment Strategies.
Bahia, SS., et al.
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg [Epub ahead of print]. (23rd June 2015)
- Response-adaptive randomization for multi-arm clinical trials using the forward looking Gittins index rule.
Villar, SS., Wason, J., Bowden, J.
Biometrics [Epub ahead of print]. (22nd June 2015)
See more Publications