European Advanced Summer School in Biostatistics
September 7th- 11th 2015
Organised by the MRC Biostatistics Unit in conjunction with
University of Oslo
University of Gent
Imperial College London
VU University Amsterdam
University of Copenhagen
Registration is NOW OPEN at http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/training/summerschool/
What We Do
We are a leading European centre for research in biostatistics and a major centre for training and knowledge transfer. We are part of the Cambridge Institute of Public Health.
Our researchers work across four major themes:
Take-home naloxone (THN) & naloxone-on-release (NOR) reduce opioid-related deaths: from evidence of high risk soon after prison-release through science-led evaluations of THN/NOR to the monitoring of national naloxone policies.
Sheila M. Bird, MRC Biostatistics Unit, CAMBRIDGE CB2 0SR “Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan”. On December 8th 2014, we marked success. In 15 prisons in England, we ceased to randomize eligible prisoners (those with a history of heroin injection) in the N-ALIVE pilot Trial and, as of 9th December, offer naloxone-on-release […]
In this feature Steven Hill (an Investigator Statistician within Sach Mukherjee’s group at the MRC Biostatistics Unit) describes how important causal relationships are for science and his involvement in a recent, high-profile computational biology challenge known as “DREAM” that focused on causality. Determining cause and effect is one of the central goals of science: for […]
- NHS England to use dementia prevalence estimates from MRC funded CFAS II study from April 2015
NHS England has confirmed that from April 2015 it plans to change the official estimated […]
- Biostatisticians and Data Scientists working together in service of patients
MRC Biostatistics Unit & AstraZeneca Biometrics group invite you to a complimentary one-day Science Symposium […]
- Sheila Bird receives Society honour for 2015
The inaugural Howard Medal, for excellence in the field of social statistics, is awarded to […]
- £14m investment in new stratified medicine initiatives attracts further industry partners
PRESS RELEASE Thursday 29 January 2014 Minister for Life Sciences George Freeman this morning announced […]
- Noninterventional statistical comparison of BTS and CHEST guidelines for size and severity in primary pneumothorax.
Nikolić, MZ., et al.
Eur. Respir. J. [Epub ahead of print]. (18th March 2015)
- Analysing the health effects of simultaneous exposure to physical and chemical properties of airborne particles.
Pirani, M., Best, N., Blangiardo, M., Liverani, S., Atkinson, RW., Fuller, GW.
Environ Int 79: 56-64 [Epub ahead of print]. (18th March 2015)
- Predictive distributions for between-study heterogeneity and simple methods for their application in Bayesian meta-analysis.
Turner, RM., Jackson, D., Wei, Y., Thompson, SG., Higgins, JP.
Stat Med 34(6): 984-98. (15th March 2015)
See more Publications