MRC Biostatistics Unit 12th Annual Armitage Lecture and Workshop
Thursday, 13 November 2014 from 10:30 to 18:00
Registration is NOW OPEN at http://bsuarmitage2014.eventbrite.co.uk/
"Causal network inference using biochemical kinetics" wins Best Proceedings Paper at European Conference on Computational Biology 2014
The BSU is one of the largest groups of biostatisticians in Europe and has established itself as an internationally acclaimed centre for research in biostatistics and a major centre for training and knowledge transfer.
The critical mass of methodological, applied and computational expertise amongst our scientists has ensured an excellent balance between innovation and dissemination of statistical methods, with impact on genuine public health issues.
Overcoming the limitations of implementing optimal clinical trials design in clinical research practice
Sofía Villar is a postdoctoral research associate member of Adrian Mander’s trial design research programme, in Design and Analysis of Randomised Trials (DART) of the Medical Research Council (MRC) Biostatistics Unit (BSU). Sofia currently works on an MRC funded project "Designing and analysing multi-arm multi-stage clinical trials with one or more endpoints". The project is […]
The MRC Biostatistics Unit (BSU) is actively pursuing research in the emerging area of stratified medicine. Through our Stratified Medicine Initiative and Clinical Trials Methodology Hub, and with our expertise in statistical genomics, machine learning, complex observational and longitudinal data and evidence synthesis, we are well positioned and already engaged in developing and applying novel […]
- BSU Senior Scientists invited speakers at NIHR and MRC Symposium for Early Career Research Methodologists
BSU Senior Scientists invited speakers at NIHR and MRC Symposium for Early Career Research Methodologists […]
- “Causal network inference using biochemical kinetics” wins Best Proceedings Paper at European Conference on Computational Biology
The 13th European Conference on Computational Biology ECCB'14 took place in Strasbourg, from September 7 […]
- Sofía Villar awarded Biometrika Trust Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Sofía Villar, a postdoctoral research associate member of Adrian Mander's research group in Design and […]
- Who’s afraid of data science?
Sylvia Richardson, Peter Diggle and Duncan Ross discuss data science at the RSS International Conference […]
- BSU scientists take part at Royal Statistical Society 2014 International Conference
The Society organises an annual international conference each summer in the United Kingdom. The 2014 Conference […]
- As seen on the news: Report: After the storm? UK blood safety and the risk of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
24 July 2014 NHS patients at risk of getting mad cow disease during surgery MPs […]
- A multi-stage drop-the-losers design for multi-arm clinical trials.
Wason, J., Stallard, N., Bowden, J., Jennison, C.
Stat Methods Med Res [Epub ahead of print]. (16th September 2014)
- Blood Pressure Differences Associated With Optimal Macronutrient Intake Trial for Heart Health (OMNIHEART)-Like Diet Compared With a Typical American Diet.
Molitor, J., et al.
Hypertension [Epub ahead of print]. (8th September 2014)
- Methods for calculating confidence and credible intervals for the residual between-study variance in random effects meta-regression models.
Jackson, D., Turner, R., Rhodes, K., Viechtbauer, W.
BMC Med Res Methodol 14(1): 103. (6th September 2014)
- Weibull regression with Bayesian variable selection to identify prognostic tumour markers of breast cancer survival.
Newcombe, P., Raza Ali, H., Blows, F., Provenzano, E., Pharoah, P., Caldas, C., Richardson, S.
Stat Methods Med Res [Epub ahead of print]. (4th September 2014)
See more Publications