Sign up now
An Introduction to 'R'
What We Do
We are a leading European centre for research in biostatistics and a major centre for training and knowledge transfer. We are part of the Cambridge Institute of Public Health.
Our researchers work across four major themes:
Dr Paul Kirk from the MRC Biostatistics Unit (BSU) and colleagues from Imperial College London — including joint first author, Delphine Rolando — have just published a paper in the New Journal of Physics investigating the stability of complex systems. This new research has implications for a variety of fields, including ecology, molecular biology, disease […]
An exciting adaptive trial design developed by statisticians at the MRC Biostatistics Unit Hub for Trials Methodology Research has led to the successful, early completion of a trial testing a new scanning technique in renal cell carcinoma. The trial, funded by Cancer Research UK and the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre, used a novel two-stage […]
- Will a realistic complex system be stable?
Dr Paul Kirk from the MRC Biostatistics Unit (BSU) and colleagues from Imperial College London […]
- Adaptive Designs Improving Efficiency of Real Trials
An exciting adaptive trial design developed by statisticians at the MRC Biostatistics Unit Hub for […]
- Finbarr Leacy receives Joint Awards to present at the Joint Statistical Meetings 2015
Congratulations Finbarr! Finbarr Leacy, PhD Student at MRC Biostatistics Unit, has been awarded a Student […]
- Sofia Villar to give contributed talks at the 18th INFORMS Applied Probability Conference and the 7th Greek Stochastics meeting
The 18th INFORMS Applied Probability Conference will take place between the 5th and 8th of […]
- Antithrombotic Treatment for Acute Extracranial Carotid Artery Dissections: A Meta-Analysis.
Chowdhury, MM., Sabbagh, CN., Jackson, D., Coughlin, PA., Ghosh, J.
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 50(2): 148-56. (21st August 2015)
- Unbiased estimation for response adaptive clinical trials.
Bowden, J., Trippa, L.
Stat Methods Med Res [Epub ahead of print]. (11th August 2015)
- A Bayesian adaptive design for biomarker trials with linked treatments.
Wason, JM., et al.
Br. J. Cancer [Epub ahead of print]. (11th August 2015)
See more Publications